Blog update update

I’ve figured out what was causing the broken images in my blog backend. I thought that I’d correctly copied the image files across to my host, but it appears that I didn’t. Or perhaps something else happened, because I’m positive that I chose binary mode rather than ASCII for those.

Anyway, I re-uploaded the site images and they’re now showing correctly.

There are some flash bits in there but I have no idea what they do. At the moment all I can see is a white rectangle where some information is supposed to appear. Nothing happens, but I’m sure I’m missing out on something exciting and essential so I suppose I’d better figure that out. I’m lazy though, so we’ll see.

I’m getting some pretty persistent spam attempts still and most of them are getting blocked. However, they’re getting wise to some of the protection steps and changing lots of things around in their fake posts in order to get through. I’ve had to block all entries that link to either Geocities or Tripod. These are both website communities from back in the history of the internet and I don’t think that anyone has an active website over there anymore, so I doubt I’ll be blocking any real posts by adding those two into my filters.

I do intend to blog more in the coming weeks. It’s easy to get out of the habit but I’ve enjoyed blogging over the years and will continue to do so, no matter if anyone ever reads these entries or not!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s